Partner Region Denmark
With its attractive territories for water sports, Denmark was the partner of hanseboot 2016
For the third time, Denmark impressively presented herself with its archipelago in the Baltic Sea as a partner at hanseboot 2017
Many of the 400 Danish islands are to be found in the Danish archipelago. 96 islands, large, small, inhabited and uninhabited. They make Danish archipelago an ideal paradise for water sports on Hamburg's doorstep. Whether it's sailing, surfing, sea kayaking or diving, the region offers a sea of possibilities.
This year at hanseboot the focus was the "Funen" with water sports possibilities around the Danish archipelago. The region presented itself together with VisitDenmark in hall B6. The following awaited those who stopped by:
- The Danish sailing ambassador who will give an authentic account of his sailing experiences in Denmark
- Advice on sailing trips by harbour masters from the region
- General information on water sport activities in Denmark, especially in the Danish archipelago
- A typical Danish maritime booth with colourful bathing huts, a small wharfage with a fishing boat, which will be filled with Lego parts, thus providing a distraction to young capitans as well
- A small, Danish food stall with hotdogs and soft ice cream
- Culinary specialities from the region
- Deck chairs for relaxing
The small-town idyll of the islands is very charming, the nature is lush and home to many rare plants and animals. A part of the islands is subject to nature conservation area or has been declared as a reserve.
The individual island communities are unique and should be experienced by visiting every single island, each of which have good ferry ports and docks for your boats and sea kayaks.
The many castles and manor houses in the region are not very far from the harbour ports, for instance, the moated castle of Egeskov or the idyllic port cities of Svendborg and Fåborg. A detour to the many good restaurants, for instance, to the restaurant Falsled Kro, well known among gourmets, is definitely worthwhile. A walking or a cycle tour along the Archipelago Trail can also be done. Bicycles can be hired directly from the ports.